YOGA, MEDITATION AND KIIRTAN
Children at Sunrise practice yoga, meditation and kiirtan daily. They have circle time at the beginning and at the end of each day, and before lunch. Circle time helps to develop each child’s intuitive, creative and spiritual capacity.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (PRIMARY)
We value extra-curricular activities to enrich children’s learning experiences. We take on board suggestions from parents to provide a variety of activities to broaden the children’s horizons.
The children at Sunrise benefit from opportunities to take part in Athletics at a professional athletics stadium with trained coaches.
They go to Forest School weekly and learn appreciation for the natural environment and many aspects of the curriculum in a nature setting.
An Art teacher comes twice a week to teach pure art and art through the curriculum.
A Drama teacher comes twice a year for at least two weeks to prepare the children for their Winter and Summer performances.
A Music teacher comes weekly to teach the recorder and singing. The children at Sunrise can learn the ukulele and take piano lessons for a fee.
Flexi-schooling for children aged 5 and over is available. Any parents wishing for this provision need to sign a contract with the school to ensure full time responsibility for the welfare of the child.
We offer a minibus service from Stoke Newington Nursery.
The mini bus leaves Stoke Newington Nursery at 8.40am each morning to take children to the Primary in Tottenham and leaves at 4pm in the evenings to return to Stoke Newington.
Parent-Pack-Primary (click over the link to download the .doc file)
Parents-Pack- Tottenham Nursery (click over the link to download the .doc file)
Key Stage 2 Achievements for the Academic Year 2017/18 – 2 Children Participated
|English||Expected Standard||Working Towards|
|Spelling, Punctuation & Grammar||50%||50%|
POLICIES Information concerning the Complaints Procedure and all the following are available from the office and can be viewed at any time.
- Health and Safety Policy March 2019/20
- Discipline policy Jan 2019/20
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy 2019/20
- Basic Behaviour Standards Policy Jan 2019/20
- EARLY YEARS FOUNDATION STAGE POLICY Jan 2019/20
- Early Years Behaviour Management POLICY and guidance Jan 2019/20
- Primary School Behaviour Management Policy Jan 2019/20
- Anti-Bullying Policy March 2019/20
- Supervision of children on outings and visits Mar 2019/20
- Transitions Policy Early years March 2019/20
- Transitions Policy Primary March 2019/20
- Supporting children with special educational needs Policy March 2019/20
- EAL POLICY March 2019/20 Provision for children with English as an Additional Language
- Curriculum Policy Feb 2019/20
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Complaints Policy Nov 2018/19
- Assessment Policy Feb 2019/20
- Uncollected Child March 2019/20
- Keeping children safe in education Sept 2019
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018
- Safer recruitment policy Sep 2018/19
- Attendance and Punctuality Feb 2019/20
Please click on the following links to read, first the Management Commitee’s Statement and then the Osted Report on the inspection of 2-4/10/2018
Tottenham Nursery and School Ofsted report via website (click on the link to view a full list of previous reports on Ofsted website)
0 at the moment